P-IAS NEWS 4 OCTOBER 2022
UAE NEW IMMIGRATION RULES
CHIEF MINISTER’S BREAKFAST SCHEME IN TAMIL NADU
LIGHT COMBAT HELICOPTER
MAINS VALUE ADDITION
TOPIC – GS- II- International Relations
UAE NEW IMMIGRATION RULES
UAE -United Arab Emirates
The changes is classified into three categories — entry visa, green visa and golden visa.
ENTRY VISA –
- For the first time, the UAE has introduced entry visas that do not require a host or sponsor for visitors.
- All entry visas (job, business , tourist )will now be available for single or multiple entries and will be valid for 60 days unlike the previous 30-day period.
GREEN VISA- Residence
- The new five-year green residence visa is aimed at attracting skilled professionals, freelancers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
- It replaces the previous residence visa that was valid only for two years.
- In 2020, golden visas were introduced, designed to enable exceptionally skilled foreigners to live, work and study in the UAE without the need for a national sponsor,.More categories of people added.( Skilled personnel , Investors)
Significance for UAE & India
- The restructuring of UAE’s entry and residence system will further boost the country’s image as an ideal destination for work and investment. Thousands of talented professionals are expected to find employment.
- The Indian expatriate community of approximately 3.5 million constitutes about 30% of the UAE population.
- Thousands of talented professionals are expected to find employment in the UAE and tourists can now experience a hassle-free vacation with the simplified visa system.
TOPIC -GS-I &,II- WELFARE SCHEMES
Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme’ in Tamil Nadu
- It mainly aims to help students attend school hunger-free and improve their nutritional status.
- not as a freebie, charity or incentive.
- The States have a responsibility to promote welfare and minimise inequalities in income as well as in facilities and opportunities among individuals and groups (Article 38).
- Such measures are needed as India has bad rankings in indices – India is ranked 71 out of 113 countries on the Global Food Security Index, 101 out of 116 countries on the Global Hunger Index, and 132 out of 191 countries on the Human Development Index.
- India has among the highest levels of inequality in education.
- There is an urgent need for implementing innovative and effective welfare schemes to address the disruptions caused by the pandemic in the education and nutrition sectors and strengthen these sectors.
- Initiatives such as Illam Thedi Kalvi and Ennum Ezhuthum were positive attempts in the education sector.
- Since the breakfast scheme is introduced as a first-of-its-kind scheme to address nutritional deficiencies among primary school-going children.
TOPIC -GS-III- SECURITY
LIGHT COMBAT HELICOPTER
NEWS -Induction of the indigenously designed and developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) adds unique capability to the combat potential of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
- Twin-engine dedicated combat helicopter
- Inducted – into 143 Helicopter Unit ‘Dhanush’ at the Jodhpur Air Force Station.
- Operate in high altitudes – Only attack helicopter in the world which can land and take-off at an altitude of 5,000 m (16,400 ft) with considerable load of weapons .
- Combat radius of 500 km and go up to a service ceiling of 21,000 .
- Important for Siachen glacier.
- Contract between the IAF and the HAL
- The LCH is armed with 20 mm nose gun, 70 mm rockets, anti-tank guided missile ‘Dhruvastra’ and air-to-air missile ‘Mistral-2’ of MBDA which has a maximum interception range of 6.5 km.
TOPIC- GS-III – S&T
- Swedish scientist Svante Paabo won in medicine
- TOPIC – Discoveries on human evolution through genomes
- Insights into our immune system and what makes us unique compared with our extinct cousins.
- Developed new techniques that allowed researchers to compare the genome of modern humans and that of other hominins — the Neanderthals and Denisovans.
- While Neanderthal bones were first discovered in the mid-19th century, only by unlocking their DNA — often referred to as the code of life — have scientists been able to fully understand the links between species.
|MAINS VALUE ADDITION|
MENTAL HEALTH – (GS-I)
- The National Medical Commission (NMC) -asked medical colleges to provide details of medical students who died by suicide and discontinued the course.
- The move comes following a rise in number of suicides, ragging, overwork and denial of weekly offs to the students.
GOVT SCHEMES (GS-I & II)
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) was launched by the Prime Minister in 2016 with the aim of constructing 2.95 crore houses.
- A total of two crore houses had been constructed
- 69% are owned partly or completely by women.
- PMAY -69% houses are owned by women.-Gives Financial power, security and dignity
- Nari Shakti initiative. – “women-led” development instead of “development of women”.
- Ujjwala Yojana – Ensuring supply of clean cooking fuel ,
improves the environment and health of women
- Swachh Bharat Mission – Toilets constructed – Safety, Self respect, Reduced ill health.
BETTING –( GS -III)
- The I&B Ministry advised news websites, OTT platforms and private TV channels to refrain from publishing or broadcasting advertisements of online betting platforms or any surrogate news websites operated by such platforms.
- Betting and gambling were illegal in most parts of India
- Rules governing –
- Prevention of Misleading Advertisements and Endorsements for Misleading Advertisements-2022 under the Consumer Protection Act.
- Advertising Code under the Cable TV Network Regulation Act.
- The Power Ministry in October 2021 had decreed that all thermal power plants ensure 5% compliance by October 2022.
- Biomass pellets have the same calorific value as coal and mixing them with coal saves consumption as well as reportedly cuts emissions.
- Consider cutting coal supply to non-compliant plants.
- Biomass from stubble can be used in coal plants to reduce pollution.
Alleged murder of environmental activist R. Jaganathan of Karur district, he had played an active role in protecting the environment and Annai Blue Metal Quarry – Tamil nadu- was sealed last month on his complaint.
- Garba – Dance in Gujarat
- Handloom census -By NCAER- National council of applied economic research (Established in 1956, NCAER is India’s oldest and largest independent, non-profit, economic policy research institute.)
First census in 1987-88, Second 1995, third 2009
Fourth and latest in 2019-20
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Monday launched a year-long voter awareness series with All India Radio.
- Kolkata fraud gaming app = E-Nuggets.
- Horrific scenes of rioting and stampede in Indonesia’s football stadium
- Kanjuruhan stadium
- Man made disaster
- Need of emotional intelligence
- Power to accept failure
- India’s manufacturing sector saw its slowest expansion since June,
- Given by -The S&P Global India – Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for September indicated, with the index easing to 55.1 ( Value Above 50 means expansion ,but if value is less than previous month then its represents economy is contracting)
- Survey based .
- Seperate index for services sector also
- Given At the start of month
Boyko Borissov, leader of the centre-right GERB party, back on top – Bulgaria Prime minister
- Balkan nation with Black Sea coastline,
- The Danube river .
- A cultural melting pot with Greek, Slavic, Ottoman, and Persian influences.
- At the foot of domed Vitosha mountain is its capital city, Sofia
The SASTRA Ramanujan Prize for 2022 will be awarded to Yunqing Tang, Assistant Professor with the University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- Topic – Modular equations
- Instituted by the Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) in 2005 with a cash prize of $10,000, annually to individuals aged 32 & below
- Field – Mathematics
- Inaccuracy in SRS as death remained stable in COVID year compared to previous year
- The CRS-Civil registration system is a record of vital events such as birth, death and stillbirth at the place of occurrence. But not all deaths are registered in India and a significant number is recorded beyond the prescribed time limit of 21 days.
- The SRS- (Sample registration system) is a large-scale survey that provides an estimate of the death rate or the number of deaths per 1,000 population.